This was super easy and fun to make. I only hope that Clara will like it as much as me.
I used size 9 circular needles and a variety of feltable wool yarn from worsted to bulky weight. Each ring only takes 2-3 yards so this is very good for using up scraps. I knitted four 9" long I cords (cast on 5) then joined the two ends with kitchner stitch (don't forget to link them up). Then I hand felted them. Ta Da! that's it.
The finished rings are closer to 6" in diameter and the chain is about 8.5" long.

2 comments:
Hi!
Thanks for the instructions!
Do i need to buy double pointed needles for that or can i use circular needles?
Can i use no. 7 instead of no. 9?
Thanks,
Hilit
I used circular needles, they will work fine. Looser stitches are nicer for felting but I suspect size 7 needles would work fine. They don't take much yarn so experiment and see (let me know how it works).
Post a Comment