I finally finished off my danish work shawl and sadly I am not really happy with it. I think I knit it a bit tight so it doesn't really have any drape and it doesn't really lie flat. But I really like the concept and I will have to make another sometime. Raveled
I am very happy with this hat I made for my mother in law. She has a fairly small head so I am hoping that it will fit her. Here it is modeled by my son and it is a little big on him. It was inspired by Thorpe by Kristen Kapur but hers is knit top down and that was just not working for me so I made something up. It ended up with about a 21" brim and 7" tall sort of a small adult medium. But it could easily be made bigger just by going up a needle size and knitting the hat a little taller before decreasing.Yarn:
Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool - held double
Needles:
Size 7 16-24” circular
Gauge 4”x4” =
Garter: 16 st and 32 rows
Stockinette: 16 st and 24 rows
Earflaps:
Cast on 5 (I used double tailed)
1: k1 kfb k1 kfb k1 (7st)
2: and all even rows knit across
3: k1 kfb [k3] kfb k1 (9st)
5: k1 kfb [k5] kfb k1 (11st)
7: k1 kfb [k7] kfb k1 (13st)
9: k1 kfb [k9] kfb k1 (15st)
11: k1 kfb [k11] kfb k1 (17st)
continue in garter stitch until flap measures 5” from cast on edge
leave flap on circular with 6” tail
repeat for second flap but do not trim off
Body:
turn and knit the 17 st on second flap,
then cast on 17,
knit 17 st on first flap,
cast on 25
1: join for circular knitting and purl one row
2: k all
3: p all
knit in stockinette until piece measures 4” from brim
Crown decreases:
[k8 k2tog] x4 [k7 k2tog] x4
k 1 row
[k7 k2tog]x4 [k6 k2tog] x4
k 1 row
follow this pattern until you k2tog each stitch
half double crochet around edge with contrast color.





No comments:
Post a Comment