Saturday, January 9

More knitting

Stormcloud shawlette
I have been on a knitting kick and I have gotten a few more small projects done. First I knit up this shawlette for my friend Lisa. She bought the yarn close to a year ago on a trip to the yarn store together, it is Jojoland Melody superwash (fingering weight). Sadly since then something has gotten into my stash and a good bit of my yarn seems chewed up. This shawlette would have been a bit bigger but the last quarter, at least, of the yarn was unusable. I used the same pattern as in this shawl but I think I much prefer it with the lighter weight yarn. I also made a few changes, half-way through I got tired of dropped YO's so I knit the rest using a size 11 needle for the YO rows. You can't tell the difference. Pattern. Raveled.
Getting ready to go
I also made this mini danish tie shawl for Clara. She seems to like it fairly well. I used a superwash worsted weight yarn for this shawl and size 9 needles.
Clara's Shawl

Clara's Shawl
Right now I am working on my first lace project, a Dandy Neckerchief. It has a leafy look to it and I am using some worsted weight Ultra Alpaca that is a bit more foresty green looking than this photo shows. I have also done a few more repeats of the pattern since the photo was taken. The start was a bit rough and the first night my cat got into it and I had to unravel 10 rows to get it fixed but otherwise it is going well. I think I have finally figured out how to ssk and I think I will have to try another lace project soon. Raveled.
Leaf lace neckerchief

No comments: