For Christmas I knitted up some slippers for both of the children using this pattern by DROPS. The pattern was very quick and easy because the slippers are knit flat then seamed rather than knit in the round. I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes for both pairs. Both of them bled a little when felting but shrank up nicely and don't seem too scratchy. Clara's are the 12/18 month size and Layden's are the 4/5 size. I tried Clara's on her already and they seem to fit well but I haven't tried Layden's yet. He has to wait until tomorrow.
Today I whipped up one of these little Tribbles, which I have been eyeing for a while now. This one is in some yellow scrap acrylic and I am hoping it will make a nice washable, reusable dish scrubber. Others on Ravelry commented that they had trouble with theirs getting smelly so I will have to see how it works out.


No comments:
Post a Comment