Tuesday, December 22

Birthday Crafting

IMG_9603

IMG_9602
Layden turned 4 today and for the first time we threw him a party and he was exceedingly excited. It was a rather small affair, just a few neighborhood friends, but I wanted to make it exciting for him. So for decorations I made a party garland from this tutorial at The Purl Bee. I used mostly random scraps and cut a lot of 5" squares in half. I also didn't do any of the irregular shapes. As you can see mine is a lot more colorful and busy than theirs, at first I wasn't sure if I liked it but I think it looks good up.

IMG_9554
We are trying reduce the clutter and waste in our lives and so for his main gift from us he got "tickets" to go see a movie with a friend and little spending money for popcorn and the like. I think this sort of gift will be quite common at our house so I used this tutorial to make an envelope we can use and reuse for gift certificates. The finished dimensions of my envelope are 3" x 6.5"
IMG_9553

Reusable fabric envelope

No comments: