We drove over to the in-laws for Thanksgiving this year and I decided to take advantage of the long car ride to finish knitting up these mittens for Clara. I knitted them up with a worsted weight red wool that I had laying about so I am not sure exactly what it was. I used this pattern from Drops and it turned out quite well. Tonight I finished getting them felted down to size, unfortunately her hands are so small and she is uncooperative so she just sticks her whole hand in and doesn't use the thumb part. I may have to knit up a set without the thumb so she doesn't go around looking as if she has severely double jointed thumbs. She was very happy with them at least and insisted on wearing them for a bit even though they were rather damp.


No comments:
Post a Comment