I finally used my Birthday yarn for something and made myself this felted cloche hat using this pattern. Sorry no action pic yet but I have been told it looks very cute on me. It is not a great hat for people with shorter hair though. My mom tried it on and it just wasn't the same.

The yarn is knitpicks, bulky Bare 100% peruvian highland wool but the pattern calls for super bulky and the bare yarn felts up really well so I actually had to stretch it a bit after one felting in our front load washer. Size 11 circular and DPN (or two circs). The pattern was very easy and only took me maybe 3 hours (with some interuptions)
For Xmas my mom gave my sis and I $25 to be used at a yarn shop. We both got some Ultra Alpaca Light (sport weight, 50% alpaca, 50% wool). I am using mine to make this scarf but I think it will be taking a while. I have never used anything lighter than aran before. I am just doing a very simple pattern. Cast on an odd number (31 in this case) and then k2tg, yo, repeat until last stitch, K and repeat.

Here is a purse I knitted a while ago for my sister's Christmas present and then forgot to get a better pic before she left with it.

1 comment:
I love the hat! Very cute! I need a project!
Post a Comment