Tuesday, January 20

Project Improv Charity Block

Project Improv Block
I made this block for the Project Improv charity quilt this morning. I was going to through crafting withdrawal and needed a quick fix. My mother never warned me crafting was addictive! They will be putting together at least 3 quilts from wonky log cabin blocks sent in by quilters from all over. This one is for the blue/green quilt. There will also be a red/aqua quilt and a pink/orange quilt. The idea behind project improv is trying something new and branching out. Though I have done so few quilts that I kinda feel like I am cheating. I haven't gotten a chance to get stuck in a rut yet. 

I still really like traditional, more structured quilts and have some plans in that direction but I have been having some difficulties because when I use my 1/4" foot, my seams are not 1/4" they are consistent but not consistently 1/4" it makes some of the more complicated blocks difficult to plan. So for now I have been sticking to blocks that allow me to measure as I go.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

what a great improv block!! i'm going to try and do the wonky log cabin too! :)