Saturday, February 7

Diaper Case

Whilst surveying my living room and all of the mess that that implies I latched on to the half empty bag of diapers as being particularly unattractive and decided to do something about it, the result:
IMG_7217
IMG_7219

I made up four of these because they were so quick and easy. Two for each size of diaper we have laying about. They each hold half of a large pack of diapers.
Here's how I made them:
I took a piece of canvas that was 15.5" x 38" (or 36" if you are going to use bias tape).
Hem or apply bias tape to the short ends.
Lay the rectangle right side down and fold the short ends to the middle, overlapping them so that you have a rectangle that is 15.5" x 14"
Sew along the edges (1/2" seam) 
Then I cut a 1.5" square out of each corner, measuring from the fold and the seam, NOT the edge of the fabric. So the piece you cut out doesn't actually end up looking like a square.
I opened up where I had just made the cut and sewed the corner together, this part sounds confusing but once you start doing it it will make more sense.

1 comment:

Not Lucy said...

you are such a crafty thing!