Thursday, April 9

Green Striped slippers

IMG_8019
IMG_8014
I finished and felted my slippers yesterday, finally. I think they turned out pretty well if I do say so myself. They are a nice light weight slipper that stays on well. I used one 50 gram ball each of Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes in Fern and Avocado. With the wonderful price of this yarn these slippers were very affordable. I actually needed a tad over a ball of the darker green, but only because I did not stripe the heel. I used the striped slipper pattern from Knit One, Felt Too. It is well written except that there seems to be an error in the instructions for how long to knit the foot, that or I was just reading it wrong. I knit the large size and ended up just knitting 12" from the back of the heel before I started the decrease at the toe. This my first attempt at turning a heel and I am pleased with how it worked out. 

3 comments:

Meghan said...

so cute! I'd love to make a pair. The stripes are adorable

Not Lucy said...

Very cute!

Knit - R - Done said...

I never thought about felting stripes. They look so great!