Friday, April 17

Slipper family

I think I am done with slippers for a bit, unless some one else wants a pair? I finished off Oli and Layden's slippers a couple days ago and they both like them a lot. Oli's is also the striped slipper pattern from Knit One, Felt Too, but with 6 more rows than mine and Layden's are the "Fuzzy Toddler Slippers" from the same book. Next time I think I would adjust the toddler pattern a bit bigger because these didn't have room to felt up very much. When I took Oli's out after the first run through the wash they had felted closed and had to be peeled open so a foot could go in. I think it could be that the black/grey yarn felts a bit easier than the others because I have never had that problem before. I felted Layden's by hand in the sink. All of the slippers are a bit slippery on our tile floor so I may have to look into putting something stickier on the soles but I am not sure what.
IMG_8042
IMG_8039
IMG_8040

1 comment:

Not Lucy said...

You can use dots of fabric paint on the bottoms to stop the slipping.