I decided it was time to actually use the fabric I have sitting in bins left over from various projects or that I got a good deal on at a thrift store. Here you see a roads play mat thingy I made for Layden this morning before he woke up. It is made from thrift store twill, black denim from straps I messed up on a carrier and the blue lake is from my halloween Marge wig. He is wearing pants made from thrift store fabric (last night he decided to cut a hole in the knee of the pants with a pair of scissors). I also made Layden and Clara each hats and a pair of slippers from felted wool sweaters also from the thrifts store. I am also making Clara pants from the sleeves but Layden managed to hide my seam ripper so I haven't been able to shorten the elastic so they will actually fit her. Her slippers aren't done yet for a similar reason. The sweaters are pretty much used up now. With more canvas I have lying about I think I will make a holder for the chisels. Perhaps some day I will get around to making a tool belt for Layden. Now what do I do with some stretchy two sided striped fabric, waffle weave muslin, smallish pieces of denim, canvas with blue and white pattern....

No comments:
Post a Comment