Right now I have charm squares on their way to me which I will have to fashion into a mini quilt and send on back, I have a magic yarn ball to find goodies for and wind, and any time now I will find out who I get to make a surprise for in a general DIY swap. I also need to make my center square for the Spring Fling Round Robin - 3 swap and I got my apron fabric in the mail so I need to see about making myself an apron.
Tuesday, February 3
Singer 503a
Today I got my first sewing machine. You might ask how can it be my first when I am posting all these pictures of things I have allegedly made? The answer would be that my mom is wonderful and lets me use one of her Pfaff 1222's, a wonderful machine but not my own. So today I bought this pretty little thing from a lady in the next town over. It seems like it has been barely used and has very little wear though. The lid on the top flips up and there are little black discs you put in to do different zig zag stitches. That will probably take some getting used to. I have not used it as yet but I definitely have plans for it and if the children allow I might even test it out tonight. It came with some extra feet as well, including the ruffling foot below, which I don't know if I will ever use because it is quite intimidating looking don't you think?
Labels:
Sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So pretty! You must try the ruffler foot! I've heard they're pretty cool!
Yea, Chelsea! Congrats on getting your very own sewing machine. I used my mom's for quite a while (until I knew for sure that I'd stick w/ sewing) then I got my own (actually, years ago, my family did not know what to get me for Christmas so they got me a sewing machine). You've got yourself a beaut!
Happy sewing!
Post a Comment