Friday, March 13

Baby quilts and little acorn bag

Here is what I did early (for me) this morning. I got up with Oli, had breakfast with him then basted and quilted the second of three identical baby quilts. These were supposed to be gifts for friends who had babies at the same time as me but that didn't happen. Then ended up getting baby carriers instead. On this one I did a bit closer quilting than on the first. I didn't quilt over the stacks of coins and I like how that makes them puff up. Now I need to get the binding onto this one and quilt and bind the last. Luckily I cut binding strips when I made the tops so it is a little bit easier. 

Yellow Baby quilt #2

Yellow Baby quilt #2

I decided to teach myself to crochet in the round yesterday because I really want to make this little acorn bag. So far I think it is going pretty well. Though mine seems a bit pointier than the original... Hopefully this will go well because there is a lot of cute crocheted stuff out there. I really should be working on finishing my slippers.

Little Acorn Bag

No comments: