Friday, March 13

Linen hoodie


I stopped by the thrift store today with an eye out for clothes to refashion when I happened upon this little guy and decided he needed to come home with me. Technically he is a toy for Clara but he makes a lovely chiming noise that we can all enjoy. I also picked up a large T-shirt to refit and a lightweight linen hooded thing. I think it would make a nice coverup for the summer but I am not sure how to go about slimming it down a bit. As you can see it is a bit wide at the shoulders and not at all flattering. However, it is a fairly loose knit and I am afraid of what will happen if I start cutting into it. I think a serger is definitely called for but other than that I am at a loss, suggestions? Of course I could just unravel it and use the yarn to make a shawl or something but that would be a bit more work and it might not get done for a very long time (if ever).
IMG_7586

No comments: