Thursday, March 5

Fairies are landing

Well my fairyee has received her package and quickly figured out that I was her fairy so now I can blog about it too! First I want to say that she is an awesome photographer and has great pictures up on her site of the stuff I sent her so check it out. Here is the picture I took just before I sealed up the box.
DIY-OT Fairy package
I sent her a largish wall hanging quilt with all different fabrics so she could hang it up in her sewing space as inspiration because she said she wanted to learn how to quilt. I sent a drawstring backpack with emergency vehicles on it for her little boy and made a similar one for Layden. For her little girl (just about the same age as Clara) I knitted a little doll. And because it seems like the husbands are always left out I sent along a coffee sleeve for him.

My fairy has also arrived all the way from Israel! She sent hand embroidered sweatshirts for the kids, some homemade tea and delicious halvah cookies. And last but not least two pieces of art based on some pics of Oli with Clara and me with Layden. The tea and cookies were briefly MIA last night because Layden stashed them under the couch. It was a rough couple hours when I couldn't find them but I eventually got Layden to show me where they were hidden. The sweatshirts are a bit big but apparently they are handmade by a group of grandmas who will only let you buy them a size or two too big. That is for the best though, they will fit a bit longer this way. She include a recipe for the Halvah cookies also: 100 grams butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, 1 cup tahini, 1 egg, vanilla. I have tried two of the tea blends so far and both were delicious.
DIY OT-3 
DIY OT-4 
DIY OT-5
DIY OT-6
DIY OT-7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how lovely! I was admiring both of those on TBW! The quilt you made is gorgeous!