I have decided on trying out some circles in various sizes, starting with a large platter and getting smaller, to quilt my green and pink quilt but that will have to wait until I get the pedal for the Pfaff as well because it is the only machine I have with a walking foot.
Sunday, April 12
Thrift Store Square Quilt
I decided I felt the need to finally use this tablecloth I bought back in February and I wanted to make something for myself, in a selfish mood I guess. I finally decided it wasn't quite enough fabric to make a skirt or some other type of clothing with so I decided I would use it in a quilt. Yesterday I was at Goodwill and spotted some brown mystery fabric for $1.00, and then found the other fabrics for the top at JoAnn in a bundle. Since the table cloth is about 50" square I needed to piece the top somehow because the brown fabric was only 44" wide after some fiddling I decided on a nice simple modern look. As you see it here I have the three layers basted together and there are masking tapes stripes to give me a guide when I do the quilting. I still haven't decided if I will use a straight stitch or zigzag while quilting, any thoughts? As I got out the Pfaff so I could get it quilted I realized I have no pedal because I forgot to bring one home when I visited my mom so instead of quilting I was only able to get the binding sewn together.
I have decided on trying out some circles in various sizes, starting with a large platter and getting smaller, to quilt my green and pink quilt but that will have to wait until I get the pedal for the Pfaff as well because it is the only machine I have with a walking foot.
I have decided on trying out some circles in various sizes, starting with a large platter and getting smaller, to quilt my green and pink quilt but that will have to wait until I get the pedal for the Pfaff as well because it is the only machine I have with a walking foot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
that dog fabric is the cutest!! Your quilt is turning out absolutely beautiful :)
Post a Comment