Raveled
Pre felting dimensions (laying flat): 10" wide, 8" high, handles 16" total
Here is the bag before felting and below are the instructions, such as they are.
Post felting dimensions (sitting up): Diameter ~6", 5" deep, handles 13" total.
Yarn: Feltable wool, I used two strands worsted for this. I used up scraps but I think altogether it was well under 100g so a single skein should do it.
Hook: I used size K or 6.5mm
Using magic circle technique (or whatever other technique you prefer) make circle with 6 stitches (green)
Round-
1: sc2 in each stitch - 12 stitches
Place marker at first stitch (I used a safety pin)
2: sc2, sc - repeat - 18 stitches
3: sc2, sc twice - repeat - 24 stitches
4: sc2, sc three times - repeat - 30 stitches
5: sc2, sc four times - repeat - 36 stitches
6: sc2, sc five times - repeat - 42 stitches
7: sc2, sc 5 times - repeat - 48 stitches
8: sc2, sc 6 times - repeat - 54 stitches
9: sc - 54 stitches
10: sc2, sc 7 times - repeat - 60 stitches
11-18: sc - 60 stitches
Switch to second color
19-24: sc - 60 stitches
Handle
25: slst to join round, crochet 10 stitches and turn
26: crochet first two stitches together, sc 8 st and turn
27-30: repeat decrease of first two stitches until your handle is 6 st wide
Sc each row until handle is about 16"
Increase at the end of each row until handle is 10 st
join to body opposite the other end.
Hook: I used size K or 6.5mm
Using magic circle technique (or whatever other technique you prefer) make circle with 6 stitches (green)
Round-
1: sc2 in each stitch - 12 stitches
Place marker at first stitch (I used a safety pin)
2: sc2, sc - repeat - 18 stitches
3: sc2, sc twice - repeat - 24 stitches
4: sc2, sc three times - repeat - 30 stitches
5: sc2, sc four times - repeat - 36 stitches
6: sc2, sc five times - repeat - 42 stitches
7: sc2, sc 5 times - repeat - 48 stitches
8: sc2, sc 6 times - repeat - 54 stitches
9: sc - 54 stitches
10: sc2, sc 7 times - repeat - 60 stitches
11-18: sc - 60 stitches
Switch to second color
19-24: sc - 60 stitches
Handle
25: slst to join round, crochet 10 stitches and turn
26: crochet first two stitches together, sc 8 st and turn
27-30: repeat decrease of first two stitches until your handle is 6 st wide
Sc each row until handle is about 16"
Increase at the end of each row until handle is 10 st
join to body opposite the other end.



4 comments:
So, does she like it? Where is the picture with her?
Very cute; love the color combo too.
Hi,
Do you think 220 yards would be enough for the bag? I'm going to custom dye yarn and want to know if I need one skein or two... I'm going to use Paton's Classic Wool.
Thanks!
220 should be enough.
Post a Comment