Friday, July 17

Layden's Play Quilt

Quilt for Layden
I finally got the binding on this play quilt for my son. I was sitting doing the hand sewing on the binding this morning when I asked myself why I wasn't just zigzagging it on, he is just going to drag it around outside anyway. I backed it with some corduroy and denim scraps and for batting I used a bit of thrifted sheet. My mom did the stippling for me because I can't stipple and even if I could she would be much quicker. Now if I am lucky Clara might actually take a nap at some point today and I can get the quilting done on this quilt. I picked up some pretty variegated thread yesterday so maybe I will get it done sometime soonish. Then I can quilt my Little bits quilt, then I can get started on my charm quilt and maybe even get some project linus quilts done.
Finished
This is him saying "no taking pictures of my blanket, that's naughty!"
"No taking pictures of my blanket..."

No comments: