Friday, July 3

Charm quilt inspiration

I have not had much time for crafting lately, sadly. When Oli is not working we have been trying to get our backyard fenced and when he is working I have been trying to catch up on the house work. But today I decided I would finish knitting my brother's slippers since I only had about 15 rows left and they are currently felting in the washer. I also started the hand quilting on a round robin quilt that I need to have all finished off by July 15th (yikes!). Sadly I can't post any pics because it is supposed to be a surprise.

Today I also stopped by JoAnn Fabrics while I was out grocery shopping, I couldn't resist using my coupons and I had the excuse of a specific fabric I wanted to find, I think I have finally decided how I would like to do my charm quilt. When my aunt asked me if I wanted to look through her old quilting magazines I said sure, not realizing she had a couple good sized boxes of them. I have been slowly plugging away at them and have found a few pages to tear out for inspiration. One of them is the quilt pictured above. I think I will use the striped fabric shown on top in the left photo above for the sashing and use all different fabrics for the squares. I haven't decided how big I will make the squares yet or what I will use for the sashing squares, so I am open to suggestions.

No comments: