Last weekend was the big town wide garage sale. Basically everyone has their sale on the same day and the chamber of commerce provides a map with the locations of all the garage sales marked out. Among other things I picked up a new couch. Our current couch was incredibly annoying because of its too fluffy, yet still shapeless back cushions which like to push people of the couch. It is also fairly light in color which was maybe not the smartest choice we ever made. So when I found a couch that was comfortable, cheap and not too hideous I went ahead and got it (technically my Dad paid for it, I think he really didn't like our old one). Long story short, we got a new couch so I took the excuse to make new throw pillows. I also have enough of the grey left over (clearance $1.99/yd at JoAnn) that I will be making a quilt to match. Something simple and quick to get done, mostly likely something inspired by the "Little Bits" quilt from Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts. I am thinking little bits of orange, brown and the print from the pillows.



No comments:
Post a Comment