My parents were over visiting last week so I took advantage of the visit to motivate me to make work aprons for my dad and Oli. I have had the fabric and pattern for months I just hadn't gotten around to getting them made yet. Turns out it was a good thing I did because dad used his a good bit while he was wiring our new porch lights for us. I also used Oli's a bit while I was helping dad, which is why it is already a little dirty. Then my son wanted to know where his was so I made a scaled down version of the tool belt for him. Then my mom pointed out that my sister could use one too since she is currently in the process of
building her house. So I whipped up a tool belt for her too but I neglected to get a picture before it went home with my parents.
I used this Green Pepper pattern and it worked pretty well except for a couple changes. First the for the cross shoulder straps they specified 24" which turned out to be a bit too short, I ended up using about 36" total. I also made a minor change in how the lining and outer canvas were sewn together to make it look a little nicer (I left only a small opening in the bottom for turning, rather than the whole bottom then hemming it).
No comments:
Post a Comment