Saturday, March 6

blinds and matching pants

new blinds for our room
When I found this fabric at JoAnn Fabrics I knew it would be perfect for roman blinds in our bedroom. So I bought all that was left and luckily it was just barely enough. I used this tutorial, which was great. My one hold up was that I didn't tack the rings through both layers and I had to go back and fix it, otherwise it was easy. I think you might be able to get away with just a few weights in the bottom rather than the full bar across the bottom. The metal ended up costing as much as the fabric for me. I have this window done and I should soon have the other two done. By then, hopefully, I will have found my camera battery charger and I will be able to post better pictures.
new blinds for our room
Clara is getting bigger, or at least taller and is need of some new pants so I picked up this pattern for some cute pleated pants and whipped up a pair with leftover curtain fabric. That pattern was clear and easy to follow and seems to run the tiniest bit small. They also don't really work for cloth diapers, don't quite come up high enough.
Pleated pants for clara Pleated pants for clara
The stripes were a bit of a pain to deal with when making the pleats so I think the next pair will be a more solid fabric. I think I will whip up a few more pairs, probably in the next size up.

No comments: