Saturday, January 15

Robot baby quilt: top done

IMG_1551
I finished this quilt top today. It is based on a quilt from Dare to be Square Quilting by Boo Davis. However I did not have enough time to do a full scale version, 5' x 6' and 523 pieces, so I halved the dimensions and made a 1/4 sized quilt, 36" x 36". Below you can see the full size quilt my mom made for my son. I think if I were to make a bigger version I might make 4 smaller robots in different colors with different backgrounds. Now this will be sent to my mom to quilt because she is much better at it than I. I am very proud of this one, the corners match so nicely and it lays quite flat so I will keep it looking good and let some one else quilt it. I am also pretty slow at quilting and this way it might get done before the baby I made it for graduates.
Layden's Robot

No comments: