I whipped this tote up last night so I would have something longer lasting than a grocery bag to carry my things to knitting class in. It turned out fairly well but I won't do handles like that again, not worth the effort. There are pockets inside for my extra needles and instruction sheets, I only made them about 7" high, if I were doing it again I would make them taller. All together it is about 16" tall, 12" wide and 4" deep. It is made entirely of a lightweight canvas type material that has been sitting around for a bit. One layer of a heavier fabric would have been better but this is what I had, I am trying to thin out the pile of fabric in my closet. Next on the list is some polar fleece that will go to protect our back seat in the car from the children.

3 comments:
Cute! My current knitting project is stuffed into a grocery bag - feels wrong but I'm undecided on what kind/shape/size tote to make!
The larger of the zippered bags I made actually is a really nice size for a small to medium project. This one would be good for a larger project. I can actually fit a small project and my knitting supplies into the zippered pouch I made to go with my knitting roll.
That's a good idea about the small pouch - a one skein project on circular needles doesn't need much room at all.
Love your knitting roll too!
Post a Comment