
This may be one of the more frustrating projects I have ever undertaken, a padded laptop sleeve. It looks easy enough but don't be fooled, it is tricky. This is my second attempt, the first was scrapped and recycled into a number of other small pouches. This one is mainly based on this tutorial from SewMamaSew!. I second the idea of making a mockup with scrap fabric because, for me at least, the padding makes estimating dimensions tricky. Using the measurements from the tutorial I ended up with a sleeve that was way too big. Then I sized the padded lining so it fit just right but when I sized the outer fabric the same as the lining the sleeve was too small so I had to make it all a tiny bit bigger. But I am glad I persevered because now I have a sleeve that is nice and snug for my netbook.

I have also been making more boxy pouches because they are ridiculously addictive, cute, quick, easy and useful for organizing the odds and ends lying about my house.


No comments:
Post a Comment