Today I felt like I needed a nice quick sewing project so I could feel like I accomplished something, so I decided to make another try at the boxy pouch. This time I used interfacing and I like the product SO much better. I used heavy interfacing with the outer fabric and lightweight with the inner. Using the interfacing also seemed to make construction go much more smoothly in addition to giving the product a lot more shape. I used a combination of tutorials. I used the dimensions from Indie House's tutorial, I attached the zipper in a similar manner to Jane's, I sewed the bottom seam of the lining and outer fabric separately and then turned the pouch inside out and sewed the rest of the seams with the lining and outer fabric together. I made the corners similar to this tutorial.
Using this combination I can make a lined boxy pouch from start to finish, with minimal exposed seams in less than a half hour and still be happy with how it looks. I prefer no exposed seams but when I have used that method it has doubled the amount of time it takes me and doesn't really look much better. In fact I think the pouch has a little better structure this way and the one seam is only visible if you go looking for it.
Using this combination I can make a lined boxy pouch from start to finish, with minimal exposed seams in less than a half hour and still be happy with how it looks. I prefer no exposed seams but when I have used that method it has doubled the amount of time it takes me and doesn't really look much better. In fact I think the pouch has a little better structure this way and the one seam is only visible if you go looking for it.





No comments:
Post a Comment